Steven Pienaar admits the 'clock is ticking' for Everton to take up the option to sign him on a permanent basis.
The midfielder is on a season-long loan from Borussia Dortmund and has impressed for the UEFA Champions League hopefuls.
Dortmund have previously stated that talks have taken place between the two clubs, but no agreement has yet been reached.
David Moyes has also spoken of his wish to keep hold of the South African, with a set fee in place for a permanent deal.
In the dark
However, the option must be taken up by 30th April and Pienaar is becoming worried by the failure to finalise his stay at Goodison Park.
Pienaar told KickOff.com: "At this stage I'm in the dark. I'm still under contract to Borussia Dortmund until June 2009 and only when they give me the go-ahead can I start to negotiate with any possible club.
"Obviously they will only give me this permission when they have reached an agreement with a club that wishes to buy me, but so far I have not been informed by Dortmund that they have reached agreement with Everton.
"Tthe clock is ticking for me because I have a maximum transfer fee of 3million euros [£2.2million] in my contract with Dortmund that is only valid until April 30.
"I cannot allow this deadline to expire because this is a transfer fee that is affordable to a number of clubs, particularly in the Premiership.
"So reasonably speaking, I can only wait for a few more days for Everton to reach agreement with Dortmund.
"If that's not going to be forthcoming, then I will then need to pursue the other options that I may have and finalise everything by the end of April."