Kenny Dalglish claims Liverpool's collective show of support to Luis Suarez has not 'caused trouble' despite widespread criticism of their actions.
The Reds learned on Tuesday that their Uruguayan striker was to be fined £40,000 and banned for eight matches for allegedly racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra.
The Football Association's decision to punish Suarez was met with anger by those inside the Anfield camp and they offered their response 24 hours later.
A strongly-worded statement issued on behalf of the first team squad was released on the club's official website, while those involved in Wednesday's meeting with Wigan wore Suarez T-shirts during the warm-up at the DW Stadium.
While Liverpool claim they are merely defending one of their own, question marks have been raised about the manner in which they have gone about handling the issue.
Dalglish has sought to defend the club's actions, though, by insisting that they have done nothing wrong.
"The statement couldn't have caused anyone any trouble and I don't think the players have caused any trouble with the FA either by their statement or support by their T-shirts," said the Scot.
"If we are not in any trouble we will leave it at that before we do get in any trouble."
Dalglish said Suarez had been moved by the show of support from the club and his team-mates.
"He's been quite emotional and very grateful," added the Reds boss.
"I don't think it is ever a disappointment when the people you work for give you their undivided support and I think that is the least he deserves."
Liverpool are still awaiting the full written verdict of the independent commission who heard Suarez's case but are not expected to receive it until after Christmas.
The moment it does arrive the club will have 14 days to consider their response and appeal if they choose, otherwise the suspension will kick in.
Dalglish, aware of how much debate was taking place about the case and the anticipated production of the written summary, said it was a matter of being patient.
"Whenever it is ready," was his reply when asked when he expected to receive the documentation.
"Most of the people have had their say, we've had our say but we will wait for the judgement and take it from there - but it won't be tomorrow (Saturday).
"The club have issued the statement, the players have issued their statement visually and verbally, but we have to wait for the written report because no-one knows [what it contains].
"At this moment in time I don't think the club are permitted to go into any further detail than they have done."