Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas insists he retains the backing of Roman Abramovich but admits he had to explain his team selection in Naples.
The Blues are fifth in the Premier League and on the brink of being dumped out of the UEFA Champions League following their 3-1 defeat to Napoli in Tuesday's first leg last-16 clash.
The 34-year-old's future has been the subject of considerable speculation in recent weeks with reports claiming there are rifts within the Stamford Bridge dressing room.
But when asked whether he still has the backing of Abramovich, Villas-Boas told a press conference on Thursday afternoon: "Yes. Of course."
Villas-Boas controversially left out Frank Lampard, Michael Essien and Ashley Cole for the first leg of the last-16 tie in Italy and took full responsibility for the defeat.
"There is only one person responsible and that is me," said Villas-Boas.
But the Portuguese coach stood by his team selection, before admitting that he did have to explain the decision to the club's hierarchy.
He added: "No, I do not have any regrets about team selection... It was completely right. The team was well set-up.
"I have spoken to the persons near to him (Abramovich). He is disappointed and asking questions about how we set up the team, which were duly explained."
The former Porto manager, a surprise recruitment to succeed double Champions League winner Carlo Ancelotti last summer, insists he is not feeling the strain despite the club's failings on the pitch.
"It doesn't affect me at all," Villas-Boas said.
"Last year I was linked with lots of different clubs whenever results didn't go [right for them], it is the same with this club."
Will Andre Villas-Boas be Chelsea manager at the start of next season?