Harry Redknapp says Luka Modric will be staying at Tottenham Hotspur and could feature in Sunday's game against Manchester City.
Modric has been a summer-long target for rivals Chelsea and Spurs have already rejected two offers for the Croatia international.
The midfielder has declared an interest in moving to Stamford Bridge and reports claim Chelsea are now prepared to make a final offer of £40million.
However, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is adamant Modric is not for sale and the two are understood to have held further talks about the situation on Thursday.
The 25-year-old has yet to appear in any of Spurs' three games so far this season due to a minor hamstring injury and concerns over whether he is in the right frame of mind to play.
Redknapp, though, is hoping to welcome Modric back into his team this weekend against City and is expecting no movement before the close of the transfer window.
"He'll (Modric) be playing on Sunday for sure," said Redknapp.
"I think there was a meeting. Daniel just said the same thing, he's not for sale.
"It's been difficult for him but we want him to stay and he will stay. He should be fit for Sunday.
"He could have kicked up and been a problem and if he had done it would have been difficult to keep him.
"If players want to be destructive they can be but he's not got that in his nature.
"He'll stay and play and will be great as he has been every other year."