Harry Redknapp says there is 'no sign' of Luka Modric leaving Tottenham Hotspur as he continues his efforts to sign a new midfielder.
Modric is a target for Chelsea and Spurs have already rejected two offers from their Premier League rivals for the playmaker this summer.
The Croatia international has previously suggested he would be keen to move to Stamford Bridge, but Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is adamant Modric is not for sale.
Reports claim Chelsea are planning a third bid of £30million for Modric and could offer Yossi Benayoun and Salomon Kalou as makeweights in the deal.
However, ahead of Spurs' first game of the season against Hearts on Thursday evening, Redknapp confirmed there has been no change in Modric's situation at White Hart Lane.
Irons in the fire
"I don't know where it's at and Daniel has said all along that he is not going to sell Luka so that is probably it as far as I know," Redknapp added.
"There is no sign of him going. If he doesn't go it's an area we need to strengthen and we have one or two irons in the fire.
"We are trying (to get players in). We have some names and we are trying to get one or two in. We need to do a little bit of business."
Modric is among a string of midfielders who will miss the Europa League tie at Hearts, with Jake Livermore expected to be given an opportunity in the first leg.
Redknapp added: "Tom's (Huddlestone) had a problem with his ankle since the back end of last season.
"Luka has a groin problem, he's not fit. Jermaine Jenas has an Achilles problem, Wilson Palacios won't be fit for tomorrow and Sandro is out long term. They are all central midfield players."