Kobi Kuhn believes Switzerland can draw strength from the setbacks that have rocked their preparations for Euro 2008.
Striker Blaise N'Kufo, defender Steve von Bergen and reserve goalkeeper Fabio Coltorti have all been forced to withdraw from the Switzerland squad due to injury.
Key midfielder Tranquillo Barnetta may also miss the tournament's opening game against Czech Republic on Saturday after straining his ankle in training two weeks ago.
Kuhn, whose wife was taken to hospital on Monday following an epileptic attack, is happy with the way his players have pulled together.
He said: "I can assure you that we did not orchestrate any of these things but it's true that events like this do not just have negative results.
"They also bring a sense of solidarity and standing together and that is certainly an important factor for our first match on Saturday.
"I think the injuries and everything else that has happened will give us even more strength.
"I am happy to be here after hearing good news about my wife's medical situation which is now under control. I can now focus fully on the team with my head, stomach and heart."
Marco Streller announced last week that he would retire from international football after being repeatedly whistled and abused by his own fans.
However, team manager Ernst Laemmli is hopeful the 26-year-old will reconsider once the tournament is over.
Laemmli said: "We have already had two very positive meetings with Marco Streller and he has agreed that we can look at the subject again after Euro 2008.
"I think his comments were not fully thought through and were based on frustration.
"Marco has told us he will not comment publicly on this issue anymore and he is now fully focused on Saturday's match and the tournament as a whole."