Mauricio Pochettino has revealed Tottenham have not been in contact about their vacant manager's job.
Southampton host managerless Spurs in the Premier League on Sunday, seeking their first win in six games.
Saints' Argentinian manager had been widely touted as a potential replacement for Andre Villas-Boas at White Hart Lane.
But the 41-year-old Southampton boss confirmed no-one from Tottenham has been in touch and that he was happy at St Mary's, especially with the backing of chairman Nicola Cortese.
"As a manager what's really important is that the sporting aspect is under my control, in terms of signings," Pochettino said.
"Without my agreement no signings go through, and those two basic things are very important for any manager."
Tottenham sacked manager Villas-Boas in the wake of last weekend's humiliating 5-0 home league defeat to Liverpool.
Former Spurs midfielder Tim Sherwood will take charge of Sunday's Southampton clash, but chairman Daniel Levy is still seeking a full-time appointment.
Pochettino admitted it is always tough to see a peer lose their job.
He said: "I'm always very respectful with decisions that people make at other clubs. It's clear that it's never a good thing when a colleague is sacked.
"I would like to wish Andre Villas-Boas all the best in the future, these things can happen in football.
"That's the bitter side of this game that no one wants but can still happen."
Watch Southampton v Tottenham and Swansea Everton live on Sky Sports 1HD from 12.30pm, or for just £4.99 with a NOW TV day pass