Jose Mourinho says Chelsea will make a third approach for Wayne Rooney - but not until after Monday's Premier League match with Manchester United.
Chelsea have identified Rooney as their primary transfer target of the summer but have so far had two offers for the striker rebuffed.
United remain adamant that the England international is not for sale and he made an appearance as a substitute in Saturday's 4-1 victory over Swansea City.
The Blues are expected to test United's resolve yet again, but Mourinho insists it would not be appropriate to make a move before Monday's meeting between the sides at Old Trafford.
"I don't want Chelsea to do it before we go there," said Mourinho, following Chelsea's 2-1 defeat of Aston Villa on Wednesday.
"Everybody in the club, in the board, they agree with me. They share that opinion.
"I think this period, by the ethical point of view, is a period where we're going to be quiet."
Mourinho admitted earlier in the week that he respected United's right to turn down any bid, and revealed he did have other targets if Chelsea's pursuit of Rooney was ultimately unsuccessful.
"We trust a lot in our project for the future because the team is very, very young," he said on Tuesday. "But we have conditions to try and improve our team by bringing in one more player and we are going to try that until the end.
"When you think that you'd like to have one player and the market is open, then official bids are not forbidden. Official bids are always accepted in an ethical way.
"You try because nobody forbids you to try and, of course, the player's owners can do exactly what we did in relation to David Luiz and Barcelona."
"We have a plan B and a plan C! Don't ask me names, because it's difficult to speak about players from other clubs."