Montpellier's Younes Belhanda not bitter about staying at club
By Patrick Haond. Last Updated: February 11, 2013 5:25pm
Younes Belhanda: Happy to stay at Montpellier in the January transfer window
Montpellier midfielder Younes Belhanda has insisted he did not have a problem with missing out on a move in the January transfer window.
It was reported last month that he had agreed personal terms on a deal with Fenerbahce, only for talks between the clubs to stall on deadline day.
There was even late speculation that the Morocco international could head elsewhere, having previously been linked to Inter Milan and a number of Premier League clubs including Tottenham Hotspur, but nothing materialised.
Belhanda says he remains happy at Montpellier, telling L'Equipe: "I am 100 per cent focused on this club.
"I had a proposition (from Fenerbahce), the club didn't accept it, and there is no problem with that."
Montpellier chairman Laurent Nicollin insists there is no guarantee that Belhanda will leave the club at the end of the season.
He said: "With Younes we have the same words we had with Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa (who left for Newcastle). We will take stock in April-May.
"We didn't sign any paper to state he will absolutely leave in July. If he has a good season that would allow him to get a nice opportunity and if the club could take advantage of it, why not."