Manchester City's Mario Balotelli not wanted by AC Milan's Silvio Berlusconi
By Nadia Carminati. Last Updated: December 15, 2012 1:38pm
Mario Balotelli: The striker has left out of Manchester City's squad at Newcastle on Saturday
AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi has attempted to dismiss the ongoing reports of a January bid for Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli.
Speculation had increased in recent weeks after the San Siro club seemingly implied the Italy international was more than just a target who they only dream of signing.
And a poor display in last week's Manchester derby and his absence from the squad at Newcastle United on Saturday has led to ideas City will be prepared to let Balotelli leave.
But Milan claim they are not ready to offer the striker a way out, as Berlusconi told Italian media: "I have never dreamt of him and it does not seem to me that he is in the plans of Milan."
But, at the age of 22, former Inter Milan player Balotelli would fit in with Berlusconi's vision for a new generation of young Milan stars.
He said: "We want to strengthen but softly. From now, we will only buy players under the age of 22.
"In about two or three years, our aim is to come back as a force in Italy, in Europe and all over the world."