Harry Redknapp says his bid to bring David Beckham to Tottenham is a 'no-goer', though expects the midfielder to train with the club for a month.
It appeared likely LA Galaxy man Beckham would link up with Spurs on a two-month loan in the MLS close-season, with Redknapp anticipating to wrap up the deal this weekend.
However, Redknapp has now revealed 'insurance issues' have prevented the move from going ahead after the 35-year-old picked up an Achilles injury while on loan at AC Milan last season.
"I don't think it's going to happen," Redknapp told Sky Sports News.
"I spoke with the chairman and I think there are big problems with insurance issues and everything.
"He got injured last year at Milan, I think there was issues there with insurance."
Redknapp says the former England captain is likely to arrive at White Hart Lane this week to begin a month's training with the north London club.
He said: "What's going to happen, David is welcome to come and train here for a month or so, which I think he would like to do and we're pleased to have him come and train.
"It will be nice to have him here training with us for a month and I think he'll be great to have around the place and he'll be a good influence on everybody and I look forward to him coming.
"But I think as far as playing goes it looks like it's a no-goer."
Redknapp admits he is disappointed not to welcome the veteran midfielder to Spurs as a player, having previously seemed on the brink of securing the deal.
He added: "For sure. It would have been nice.
"It would have been good to have him here available to play for us. But it couldn't happen, so it's not a problem, you just get on with it."
Tottenham take on Charlton at home in the third round of the FA Cup on Sunday, a match Beckham was rumoured to be attending.
But Redknapp says he does not expect the former England skipper to be there, adding: "I don't think so. I'm 99 per cent sure, as far as I know, he's not coming today."