Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh has explained his reasons for apparently snubbing West Ham, claiming interest from the English club may have come too late.
The Morocco star is a target of Hammers boss Gianfranco Zola, while Arsenal and Sunderland were also admirers in a summer-long transfer saga.
West Ham are reported to have offered a fee in the region of £18million for Chamakh as they search for attacking options, with a four-year contract worth £12m.
But Chamakh has reiterated his commitment to Bordeaux and the 25-year-old believes Zola's approaches may have arrived with too little time before deadline day.
"Yes, indeed, my representatives were in London," he said in L'Equipe. "Maybe the offer has come too late.
"I am focused on Bordeaux, but you never know what can happen. Let us say there is a 90 per cent chance that I will stay and a 10% chance that I will leave."
Bordeaux chairman Jean-Louis Triaud, though, insists West Ham have yet to table a fresh bid for Chamakh and expects the forward to stay.
"I have not received any new offer from West Ham. Moreover, Marouane stated he will stay. I cannot see him changing his mind now," he said.