Everton skipper Phil Neville has criticised Manchester City over their pursuit of Joleon Lescott.
Having had their second, improved offer rejected by the Toffees, Mark Hughes is expected to come back with a third bid for the talented defender.
Everton boss David Moyes remains adamant Lescott is not for sale having turned down sums of £15million and £18 million so far.
Knowing Moyes' stance on the situation, Neville believes City should give up their chase.
Angered by their persistent pursuit, he has urged City to move on and seek other means.
"The club have turned down two offers and the manager is not prepared to sell him," said Neville.
"Let's move on and let's look forward to the new season."
He added: "Will City get the message? The way they are going about their business, I don't think they will.
"There are always ways and means of doing things - and Everton do it the right way."
Everton maintain that the only way they will sell Lescott is if the player himself puts in a transfer request.
The 26-year-old England international played the full 90 minutes of the Toffees' 1-1 draw in Utah on Wednesday and scored a penalty in the 5-4 shootout victory.
Sympathising with his team-mate's position, Neville said: "It's not a nice situation for any player to be in when there is lots of speculation but Joleon has remained tight to the group throughout.
"His professionalism is second to none and he has been outstanding on this tour. We can only take things on face value."