Brown - Mendy comments harmless
Tigers chief not concerned about losing full-back
Last Updated: July 16, 2009 10:55am
Mendy: Harmless comments
Hull City boss Phil Brown says he is not worried about losing Bernard Mendy after the Frenchman's comments about his future.
Mendy admitted earlier this week that he would be willing to listen to any 'good offers' which arrived from 'good clubs'.
He had been linked with a move to Paris St Germain after impressing during his debut season with the Tigers following his arrival on a free transfer.
The full-back, who can also play in midfield, made 33 appearances for the Tigers last term and has two years remaining on his contract.
Brown is aware of Mendy's comments, but does not believe the 28-year-old is actively looking to secure a move away from the KC Stadium.
"I don't see any ulterior motive other than a player saying that he might have attracted interest from other clubs," Brown, who worked with Mendy at Bolton, told the Hull Daily Mail.
"Bernard's comments were that he's still got two years to run on his deal and is firmly of the belief that if a bigger club comes in, then he'd want to talk to me about it.
"I'm not disappointed by what he's said at all, I've known Bernard for five or six years and his comments were harmless."