Samuel Eto'o wants to stay at Barcelona, but will not fight to remain with the European champions if they do not want to keep him, according to the striker's agent.
Premier League outfit Manchester City made a 'stratospheric offer' for Eto'o over the weekend, according to Barcelona president Joan Laporta, which Sky Sports sources understand to be in the region of £25million.
Reports suggest Eto'o, who has one year remaining on his contract at Camp Nou, is prepared to snub a move to England but the Cameroon international's future remains uncertain.
The 28-year-old's representative, Jose Maria Mesalles, is adamant his client wants to continue his career with the Catalan club, but has blasted the Barcelona board for the murky events of the transfer saga.
"The player wants to stay and complete the last year of his contract," said Mesalles.
"If Barca don't want him they should say so, so we can pursue the player's future in a professional manner.
"The club said coach Pep Guardiola did not want him. Guardiola has not told the player he is not required."
Eto'o has a contract with Barcelona until 2010, but Mesalles claims he did not receive an offer of an extension until almost midnight on Monday when the club offered a two-year extension on the same salary.
Mesalles believes that, if Barcelona have received an offer from City they should be open about it.
"If they have a serious offer from Manchester City, and if they want to continue with this negotiation we could be interested," Mesalles added.
"We haven't spoken to City but if Barca have reached an agreement it shouldn't be that difficult to reach a deal."