Talented teenager Jose Baxter has been handed a new two-and-a-half year contract with Everton.
The Bootle-born 17-year-old, who is rated as one the brightest prospects at Goodison Park, has already made four senior appearances for the club.
He became the club's youngest player ever to start a game earlier in the season and has been handed improved terms after graduating from the academy.
He is the second of Everton's local prospects to be rewarded with a senior contract in the past fortnight after Jack Rodwell signed a new deal in February.
Midfielder Baxter only turned 17 last month, and became the youngest Toffees senior player when he played against West Brom in August.
Dream come true
He told the club's official website: "I'm feeling great. It is a dream come true to sign a contract for Everton.
"To be offered a contract was a great feeling but actually signing it was something else. I have to keep working hard now and make sure I earn another one in the future."
Baxter has been with the club since he was six. He is a regular in the reserves and was on the bench against Aston Villa and Bolton recently.
He also skippered the England Under 17 side in the Algarve Tournament last month.
Meanwhile, financial restrictions have forced Accrington Stanley to let midfielder John Paul Kissock return to Everton at the end of his one-month loan stint.
The 19-year-old made five appearances during his brief stay with Stanley.
Stanley boss John Coleman told the Lancashire Telegraph: "John Paul Kissock's loan finished on Saturday.
"Unfortunately we can't afford to commit any more money at the moment, so it's not that we don't want him, it's just that we can't afford him.
"We'll just have to go with what we have."