Mark Hughes has revealed that Robinho will be sanctioned for walking away from a Manchester City training camp.
The Brazil international made an unscheduled departure from a Tenerife excursion last week.
The 25-year-old headed back to his homeland without City's permission, claiming he had 'family business' to attend to.
It was expected that Robinho would be fined for his actions, although some reports had suggested that the Blues were prepared to turn a blind eye to the incident.
Hughes has, however, confirmed that action will be taken, with the Welshman keen to show that any indiscretions will not be tolerated - regardless of player profile.
"I have read some of the things that have been said this morning (Tuesday) but nothing could be further from the truth," he said.
"I have told Robby about the situation and our intention is to fine him.
"But there is a disciplinary procedure that has to be gone through and that is what we are doing at the moment.
"But what I would like to say is that he will be treated no differently to any other member of the squad."