Wigan Athletic have turned down a £10million bid from Tottenham Hotspur for Wilson Palacios.
The Honduran midfielder has emerged as a target for Spurs boss Harry Redknapp as he looks to lift the club away from the relegation zone.
Palacios has made a huge impact since joining Wigan 12 months ago after a spell on loan at Birmingham City.
Earlier on Wednesday, Wigan chairman Dave Whelan told Sky Sports News that there had been approaches for 'two or three' members of Steve Bruce's squad.
And Whelan has now confirmed that Spurs' opening gambit for Palacios has been rejected by the in-form Latics.
"Not enough money," Whelan told Sky Sports News when asked why the offer had been turned down.
Asking for more
Whelan has told Spurs how much he wants for Palacios and is now waiting to see if the North London club return with an improved offer.
"That's their option," he continued, "they can either come back or forget it.
"£10million for that lad is not enough money.
"We've told them basically what we're looking for and we sit and wait and see what they do.
"It would be unfair to say what we're talking to Tottenham Hotspur about, it's private business, but we're asking for more than that obviously."