Hull boss Phil Brown has admitted interest in Wigan's Kevin Kilbane but dismissed suggestions a deal for West Ham's Luis Boa Morte is imminent.
The duo are among a number of players to have been linked with a move to the KC Stadium during the January transfer window.
Brown is eager to strengthen his squad this month but he insists no deals are close to fruition.
"We have had contact with clubs both in England and abroad but there is nothing on a definite front at this moment in time. But there may be something in the near future," said Brown.
"I am making calls to managers and agents on a daily basis. I think one or two things will happen."
InterestBrown is a big admirer of Republic of Ireland international Kilbane and he admits he has made enquiries about the former Sunderland and Everton ace.
"I am interested in Kevin, he has been a great part of Wigan's success story and played Premier League football for a number of years," added Brown.
"He can play left-back, left-hand side of midfield or left wing but the figures that are being bandied around are too expensive, in my opinion, for a lad at the age he is at."
Reports emanating on Thursday suggested Hull had agreed a fee with West Ham for Portuguese forward Boa Morte but Brown dismissed them as wide of the mark.
"There has been no contact whatsoever with West Ham," noted Brown.
"Speculation will follow us throughout this month and Luis is just another one of the supposed players that we are interested in.
"As far as we are concerned there is nothing in it."
One deal Hull are hoping to complete is the permanent signing of defender Kamil Zayatte after a successful loan spell.
A fee in the region of £2.5million was agreed with Swiss club Young Boys some time ago and Brown does not anticipate any sticking points regarding agreeing personal terms.
"He likes what he has seen at the club in terms of ambition and obviously over the first half of the season," Brown said.
"Consequently we don't expect any hitches with regards to personal terms."
ExitIn terms of outgoing business, veteran striker Dean Windass looks likely to become the highest-profile departure.
The 39-year-old hero of last season's promotion campaign has been told first-team opportunities are likely to be limited and can leave on loan.
He is currently in talks with Oldham, Blackpool and Hartlepool and Brown insists he has no axe to grind despite the player openly voicing his frustration on a number of occasions.
Brown said: "Dean has got media attention because of the character he is.
"I accept that and I am not going to come down heavily on Dean Windass.
"His last comments with regards to we haven't spoken for three weeks were disappointing. We speak on a daily basis.
"He has got an option of three or four clubs, and rightly so, because he is still fit.
"He has still got the ability to play at a lower level. Everything is above board as far as Dean is concerned and will get on with it."
Out-of-favour defenders Wayne Brown, who had a spell at Preston earlier this season, and Ryan France are in talks with Charlton and Blackpool respectively over loan moves.