Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers insists he will not be rushed into adding to his playing staff next month despite the loss of two of his most influential players.
Captain Steven Gerrard is out for up to six weeks with a hamstring problem while Daniel Sturridge's ankle injury is likely to keep the striker sidelined for a similar length of time.
And, with defender Jose Enrique not expected back in training until February following knee surgery, it was widely expected Rodgers would be forced to deal in the January transfer window.
However, despite enjoying success in the corresponding period last year, the Northern Irishman admits he is unlikely to get involved in the New Year.
"January can be a hard window," he told Sky Sports News. "While we were very successful in it last year - with Philippe Coutinho and Daniel Sturridge - we just won't be buying for the sake of it. We will wait and see what is out there."
On his side's rise to second place in the Premier League table, Rodgers admitted he was delighted with the commitment of his players who are buying into the principles he is keen to instill at Anfield.
"For us, the way we have been positive and aggressive in our attack has been excellent and our understanding of the model of how we want to work here is improving," he said.
"We have shown that we can win games while ensuring we play well."
Rodgers, speaking at a dinner to mark the 10th anniversary of the club's Disabled Supporters' Group where he was guest of honour, believes the backing they give the club is second to none in world football.
"It never ceases to amaze me. I travel the world as Liverpool manager and see passion and pride for this club.
"We have 650 disabled supporters coming to every home match with their voices as strong as anyone else's and it is fantastic," he added.
Watch Tottenham take on Liverpool this Sunday from 4pm on Sky 3D and Sky Sports 1 HD.