Paul Dummett to be offered new deal at Newcastle

Paul Dummett: Set to be offered new deal

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Newcastle United youngster Paul Dummett says he is set to be offered a new deal at the club.

The Welsh Under-21 international defender is out of contract in the summer, but has seemingly done enough during his loan stint with St Mirren to earn a new deal.

Dummett and fellow Toon loanee Conor Newton helped St Mirren lift the Scottish League Cup earlier this month.

Whilst Newton looks set to move on, Dummett is confident of a new deal following talks with Alan Pardew, who personally congratulated the pair on their success at Hampden.

"I think Newcastle are going to offer me a new deal. It seems they want to keep me. My contract with the club ends in the summer, but the indication is that I'll stay on," he told the Sunday Sun.

"I'm not exactly sure what is going to happen, but I would hope to report back in the summer to the club and I'll be coming back a much better player for my year with St Mirren.

"My hope is to break into the Newcastle team and I'll be out to impress the manager in training.

"The manager asked for Conor and myself to come in and see him so he could congratulate us, which was a brilliant gesture."