Sampdoria deny deal agreed with Inter Milan for Mauro Icardi

Mauro Icardi: Sampdoria are hoping to see him sign a new contract

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Sampdoria have rubbished reports suggesting they have agreed to sell Mauro Icardi to Serie A rivals Inter Milan.

Speculation on Tuesday morning claimed a deal had been put in place which would see the Argentine striker make a move to Giuseppe Meazza in the summer.

A four-year contract was said to be awaiting Icardi in Milan, with Inter having pipped Napoli and Roma to his signature.

Sampdoria have, however, moved to make it clear that the 19-year-old remains very much part of their plans, with the club waiting on a response to the offer of a new contract.

"I deny the reports," Samp director Rinaldo Sagramola told Gazzetta Giallorossa.

"These voices of an Inter sale are not true. Inter have told us that they are interested, but there is some way to go before saying that we've sold him.

"It would also be against Federation rules seeing that the player is still under contract with us.

"We're actually waiting for the boy to respond to our offer to extend his contract."