Owen made 'right decision'
Stoke striker says he snubbed two other Premier League offers
Last Updated: September 13, 2012 6:01pm
Michael Owen: Striker confident that he is right in joining Stoke City
Stoke City striker Michael Owen has revealed that two other Premier League sides were interested in signing him in the summer.
The 32-year-old joined the Potters on a one-year contract as a free agent last week after being released by Manchester United at the end of last season.
Owen is set to make his debut for Stoke against Manchester City in the Premier League on Saturday and believes that he made the "right decision" in joining Tony Pulis' side.
Ticked the boxes
"There were a couple of Premier League teams that showed interest, but this is a team on the up, I know the manager and a few of the players and it meant I didn't have to move my family as well," he said on Thursday.
"There were loads of things that ticked the boxes and I'm sure I've made the right decision.
"I want to perform and I want to finish my career on a real high. I'm still only 32 and I still feel as if I have a lot left in me.
"I've always scored goals no matter what team I have been in, so as long as I can stay fit and healthy, then I'm sure I can do that here at Stoke."
Stoke are currently 12th in the Premier League table with three points from as many matches.