Soldado reveals Spurs snub

Spaniard happy to stay at Mestalla despite reports of £23.5m bid

Roberto Soldado: Fit and ready for the Primera Liga opener against champions Real Madrid

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Valencia striker Roberto Soldado has claimed his club have rejected an offer from Tottenham Hotspur.

The 27-year-old frontman had been suggested as a priority for Spurs as new coach Andre Villas-Boas looks to bolster his recently-inherited side.

It was reported Tottenham had put together a €30million (£23.5m) offer for the Spaniard, who has been in a rich vein of form since joining Valencia from Getafe in 2010.

Soldado says the Premier League club's bid was quickly rebuffed by Valencia and insists he remains happy with life at Mestalla.

"I knew about their [Tottenham's] interest in signing me," he told reporters at a promotional event.

100 per cent

"My representatives told me Tottenham made an offer and Valencia did not want to sell me, despite the club's financial situation.

"If I signed a contract until 2017 [in June] it was to complete it. That is my wish and I hope it comes true. I want to play here, at the club of my hometown."

The Spain international, who was left out of La Roja's final squad for Euro 2012, also stated he is fit to take part in Sunday's Primera Division opener at champions Real Madrid.

"I have been training at 100 per cent for the last two days and if nothing new happens until Sunday, I will be in condition to play the match," said Soldado.

"We believe we are ready despite the fact we will face a very tough side, even tougher than last season."