Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has ruled out an immediate move for Yann M'Vila, but hinted his plans could change if Jack Wilshere or Abou Diaby suffer pre-season setbacks.
Midfield duo Wilshere and Diaby suffered a nightmare time last term, with the England player missing the entire campaign and the Frenchman making just five fleeting appearances.
Rennes midfielder M'Vila has been linked with a switch to Emirates Stadium, with the France international previously admitting he would welcome the opportunity to move to North London.
But Wenger has played down the likelihood of the talented 22-year-old being brought in by the Premier League side with key duo Wilshere and Diaby making positive progress.
"No [I am not interested]. We wait on Diaby and Wilshere," Wenger told the club's official website. "When you look we have Song, Ramsey, Coquelin, Wilshere, Arteta and Diaby.
"In defensive midfielders and box-to-box players we are not short if they are all coming back. If we have setbacks in pre-season it could be different."
Wilshere is still some distance from first-team return after long-term ankle and knee problems, but Diaby has joined the Gunners on their pre-season tour of the Far East.
Wenger is keeping his fingers crossed that the 24-year-old is now beyond the persistent problems of last term, with Diaby performing well in training so far.
"You can't imagine how happy I am firstly to have him in the squad, because he is an exceptional player," Wenger added.
"I am cautious but confident because he had two hard weeks and came through it well.
"This tour is another decider for him. He will play on Tuesday night and now it is down to uncontrolled movement in games: how does your body react to that? I am confident with what I have seen in training that he will do it.
"He is the first player who would be on the France team-sheet in midfield when he is fit. Laurent Blanc said that before the European Championship and he waited a very long time to know if he could play or not. But he couldn't."