Zubar wants Wolves stay
Defender still hoping to earn new deal
Last Updated: July 20, 2012 12:36pm
Ronald Zubar: Attracting interest, but would prefer to pen a new deal at Molineux
Ronald Zubar admits his preference would be to remain at Wolves this summer, with the club reported to have shunned one bid for his services.
Turkish outfit Besiktas are said to have made an approach for the defender, who has just 12 months left to run on his contract at Molineux.
Zubar, who joined Wolves from Marseille in 2009, is hoping to pen an extension to his current deal.
He is, however, unsure what the future holds, with fresh terms yet to be put to him and speculation continuing to suggest that he will soon be on his way to pastures new.
Zubar told the Express and Star: "I'm happy at Wolves but I don't know what's going to happen - there could be players going, players coming in.
"The club knows what I want, but we haven't talked about a contract yet.
"Seven of us are in the last year of our contracts and we need to find out if we're staying, if we're getting new deals or if we have to go.
"I've only had a quick word with the manager about it, and he said we'll see what my agent says, but he agreed we need to do something about it."