Barcelona president Sandro Rosell dismissed speculation that the club are in talks to sign former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba.
The 34-year-old left Chelsea after helping the club to win the UEFA Champions League for the first time and, only last week, signed a two-and-a-half year deal with Shanghai Shenhua.
However, reports in the Spanish media had claimed that Barca were looking to activate a reported clause in Drogba's contract which would allow him to leave Shenhua to join a 'bigger' club.
The rumours have been quickly put to bed after both Rosell and the Ivorian's representatives denied he is planning to move to Camp Nou.
Rosell said: "I don't know anything of Drogba. If he's here he's come on holiday or for something personal. It's nothing to do with Barcelona."
Drogba's representatives Sports PR Company also took to Twitter to say: "Drogba to Barca story complete nonsense. As we told you he joins Shanghai in July."
Barca have also been closely linked with Valencia full-back Jordi Alba and Athletic Bilbao defensive midfielder Javi Martinez, but Rosell was giving little away when quizzed about the two Spain internationals at a press conference on Tuesday.
He said of their pursuit of Alba: "I don't like that these negotiations are public, but they already are. Having said that, the value of Jordi Alba will be what we are ready to pay."
On Martinez, Rosell added: "It's down to the coaching team. In any case, if we had an interest in Javi Martinez, I wouldn't say so.
"If we didn't have any interest, I wouldn't say so either. I like negotiations to take place with prudence and in secret."