Rangers midfielder Lee McCulloch admits the club's players are becoming anxious as crisis continues to engulf Ibrox.
Rangers will find out on July 4th whether a 'newco' will be allowed to compete in the Scottish Premier League next season.
But there remains uncertainty about who will be funding the club after last week's buyer Charles Green rejected a bid from a consortium led by Walter Smith on Tuesday.
McCulloch has reiterated that the players remain in the dark and that is a situation that is causing concern as next season draws near.
"We've not spoken to anybody," the 34-year-old told Sky Sports News. "The boys are getting a little bit anxious that way. We've not had a phone call.
"I don't really blame the manager for having his phone off. He's probably thrown the phone away by now the amount of people trying to get hold of him.
"As far as I'm aware and have been told, any players can walk away. But that's if they want to walk away.
"But that's getting challenged. There are people telling us you can and people telling us you can't.
"So I think we need some clarification on that as well.
"Everybody is in agreement that there must have been things done wrong in the past but I just think it's a little harsh that it's us that'll be getting the brunt of it."
Rangers could be playing their football down the divisions next season and while McCulloch cannot shed any light on that he insists the club will continue to succeed at any level.
"I don't think I'm qualified to talk about that," he added.
"All I know is that with the players we've got and the manager we've got, regardless of what division we'll be in, we'll be trying to win the league anyway."