Werder Bremen defender Sebastian Boenisch has confirmed that a summer move to Bundesliga rivals Stuttgart is a possible option.
Boenisch is out of contract at Bremen and he has rejected the chance to stay after making just four Bundesliga appearances last season.
The Poland international is now weighing up his options and admitted there had been contact with Stuttgart regarding a potential deal.
"It is true, I am in touch with this club," the 25-year-old told BILD regarding the rumours of a move to Stuttgart.
"VfB Stuttgart is a club that interests me, and the club will feature in a European club competition next season."
Stuttgart's director of sport Fredi Bobic said: "Sebastian Boenisch is on the list of players we are considering. I can confirm this."
Reports claim Stuttgart are hoping to sign the full-back on a three-year deal and aim to wrap up a deal before the start of Euro 2012 on Friday.