Dortmund confirm Kagawa stance

Japanese ace looks set to leave

Shinji Kagawa: Looks set to leave the club this summer

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Borussia Dortmund have confirmed that Shinji Kagawa will 'definitely not' be signing a new deal with the club.

The Japanese star's representatives told Dortmund earlier this month that he would not be extending his deal.

Now after holding a final meeting, Dortmund have revealed that Kagawa will not be signing and that they would now be considering offers for him.

"I had a meeting with his agent yesterday [Monday] morning and Shinji Kagawa has informed us that he will definitely not be extending his contract," Dortmund director of sport Michael Zorc told Kicker.

"Should we now receive offers for Kagawa, then we will consider and negotiate them."

Reports in Germany claimed that Kagawa's agent had flown to England to open talks with Manchester United - who have long been regarded as favourites to land the 23-year-old.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and assistant Mike Phelan were present at the German Cup final at the weekend as 23-year-old Kagawa scored in Dortmund's 5-2 win over Bayern Munich.

Kagawa will command a significantly higher fee than the £250,000 Dortmund paid Cerezo Osaka for him in 2010.

He has scored 21 goals in 49 Bundesliga matches, playing a key role in the club's back-to-back league titles.