Connor in talks over future
Wolves boss may stay beyond the end of the season
Last Updated: May 9, 2012 12:19pm
Terry Connor: Has had talks with Wolves owner Steve Morgan about his future at the club
Terry Connor has confirmed he has been interviewed for the Wolves manager's job, raising the possibility of an extended spell in charge.
Connor was invited for talks with chairman Steve Morgan and chief executive Jez Moxey in Cheshire on Monday.
The 49-year-old has been in charge at Wolves since the sacking of Mick McCarthy in February but has been unable to help the club avoid relegation and is without a win in 12 games at the helm.
He is believed to be the only candidate spoken to at this stage, although Wolves are set to step up the interview process later this month.
But reports suggest the interim boss has already been asked to make plans for pre-season and was in Holland last week scouting a potential new signing.
And Connor, who attended the meeting on the way to scouting final day opponents Wigan at Blackburn, claims it is business as usual until the end of the season.
"I went up to meet with Steve and Jez because I was asked to go there to speak to them," he told the Express and Star.
"That's what I did and then I went on to the Wigan game because we play them next - I carried on my duties if you like, watched the game and came back.
"I oversaw training and testing yesterday and I'll carry on until May 13."
Asked if he had received any information about whether he would be keeping his job, Connor said: "None at all. I went up for a chat. I'm not prepared to discuss what we actually said.
"We discussed what we discussed. Now we'll finish off the season and we'll see what happens.
"I have no idea about a timescale."