Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay remained tight-lipped over the future of Roberto Di Matteo after watching the caretaker boss lead the club to FA Cup success.
But he revealed the Blues had still not given up hope of persuading Wembley hero Didier Drogba to sign a new contract at Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea captain John Terry said on Friday he hoped beating Liverpool in the cup final would help Di Matteo land the manager's job full-time.
Gourlay has been adamant no decision would be taken until after the UEFA Champions League final on May 19th and he said after Saturday night's 2-1 triumph: "I'm not going to change my mind on what I've said.
"We've just got to take - the cliched - one game at a time. That's honestly the way that we've treated things.
"We've got three games left, we'll see how we finish.
"Hopefully, we can take this forward now to Munich and make us all proud and then we'll take things from there."
Gourlay hailed the extraordinary turnaround Di Matteo had masterminded since replacing the sacked Andre Villas-Boas two months earlier.
"He's done very well since we brought him in as the interim manager and I think the players have responded particularly well as well, so there's been a good team effort," he said.
"When you look back and where we've got to, I think we've come a long way."
Drogba made history on Saturday by becoming the first man to score in four FA Cup finals.
The striker appeared certain to leave Chelsea when his contract expires this summer after rejecting a one-year extension.
Gourlay said: "We're always talking to Didier.
"Didier loves Chelsea and we love Didier and we'll continue to have the conversations and we'll see where that goes."
Drogba, 34, had been demanding a two-year deal and asked if there was any wriggle room on either side, Gourlay added: "I don't want to go into contractual things. It's not right for me to do that."