Whyte holds talks
But no offers have yet been made for shares
Last Updated: April 10, 2012 8:05pm
Craig Whyte: Will not attend SFA hearings into himself and Rangers
Rangers chairman Craig Whyte has held talks with two of the potential buyers for the club but has received no formal offer to buy his shares.
The Ibrox outfit's director, Andrew Ellis, had said earlier on Tuesday his legal action against Whyte will not delay attempts to sell the administration-placed club.
Ellis claims he was promised a 24.9 per cent stake in the Ibrox club by Whyte in return for introducing him to Sir David Murray and helping him complete his takeover in May last year.
At the same time, administrators Duff and Phelps hope to name a preferred bidder this week, with three offers being considered for Rangers.
Former director Paul Murray's Blue Knights consortium, Singapore businessman Bill Ng and US businessman Bill Miller are all in the frame.
And Whyte said: "I've said I won't stand in the way of a takeover and that remains my position.
"I am assuming that a preferred bidder can be announced subject to a deal being done with me."
Whyte also confirmed he would not attend Hampden next week when Scottish Football Association charges against himself and Rangers are heard.
The charges stem from the findings of an independent inquiry, set up by the SFA, that deemed Whyte not fit and proper to hold a position in the game.
"Why would I come back to answer the SFA charges?" Whyte said. "The process is farcical. They have delivered their verdict before the trial, so what is the point?"