Newcastle striker Nile Ranger avoided a fine on Wednesday after admitting a charge of being drunk and disorderly.
It is the second time this week that the 20-year-old Magpies player has appeared in court.
Ranger was handed a six-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £135 costs on Wednesday after Newcastle Magistrates' Court heard he was held for questioning by police for four hours when arrested in the city's Cathedral Square in the early hours of October 30 last year.
At the same court on Tuesday he admitted breaching bail conditions imposed while he awaits trial for four assault charges, to take place at Newcastle Crown Court in June.
The north London-born footballer, who lives in Forest Hall, North Tyneside, has been warned by Newcastle United bosses that his career could be wasted if he does not begin to face up to his responsibilities.
The talented but troubled forward was rescued by the club from football's scrapheap in 2008 after he was sacked by Southampton.
But he was told to find a new club in the summer, after several warnings about his discipline.
Ranger has vowed to return to first team action.
He told the Shields Gazette last week: "It would be some story if I did come back and get in the team, because I've been getting into a bit of bother now and again.
"People think 'This guy just gets in trouble week in, week out', but it would be good to get goals and show people a different side.
"The key for me is to make the headlines for the right reasons - people know me for the wrong thing.
"I just want to play football and keep my nose clean."
Ranger was fined £6,000 by the Football Association earlier this month over a homophobic comment made on social networking side Twitter.
In November, he was fined £3,300 after admitting drinking and driving.
He is contracted to Newcastle until the summer of 2016.