Bolton to fulfil fixtures
Coyle held talks with Muamba's family before making decision
Last Updated: March 21, 2012 5:01pm
Owen Coyle: Says Bolton's players were in little doubt after being informed of family's wishes
Bolton have confirmed this weekend's match against Blackburn will go ahead as scheduled and their FA Cup quarter-final with Tottenham will be played on Tuesday.
Both fixtures were in doubt after Fabrice Muamba suffered a cardiac arrest in the initial tie with Spurs at White Hart Lane last Saturday and the game was duly abandoned.
It had been speculated whether Bolton might pull out of the FA Cup and if the club's players would be too upset to face Premier League relegation rivals Blackburn at the Reebok Stadium this Saturday.
But with Muamba now in a stable condition in intensive care, Owen Coyle has held talks with the 23-year-old's family, his fiancee, and the Bolton squad to decide the matches will go ahead.
A statement on the club's official website read on Wednesday: "Bolton Wanderers can confirm that the home Premier League fixture against Blackburn Rovers will go ahead as scheduled, kicking-off at 3pm on Saturday 24 March."
And after consultation with the Football Association, Bolton later on Wednesday announced their cup game against Tottenham and a return to White Hart Lane has been rescheduled for Tuesday.
A statement read: "Bolton Wanderers can confirm that the FA Cup quarter-final tie against Tottenham Hotspur will be played on Tuesday 27 March.
"The match will take place at White Hart Lane with kick-off at 7.30pm."
Bolton manager Coyle had revealed his players had no doubts about playing the matches after being informed of the wishes of Muamba's family and finacee.
Coyle said: "We spoke together with the players as a group this morning and I talked with Fabrice's family last night.
"Fabrice's father, Marcel, and his fiancee, Shauna, were keen that we fulfil our fixtures. Once the players knew this, there was no doubt in our minds that we would play the matches."