McLeod rules out exit
Striker vows to stay at Barnet until the end of the season
By Chris Galea. Last Updated: March 20, 2012 3:46pm
Izale McLeod: Barnet striker has no plans to leave following recent interest from Crawley
Barnet's top scorer Izale McLeod insists that he has no intention of leaving the club before Thursday's loan deadline.
The 27-year-old is the second highest scorer in League Two this season, with 17 strikes to his name, despite the Bees being entrenched in a relegation battle.
The former Derby and Charlton man was recently linked with a loan move to promotion-chasing Crawley, but he says that he is determined to keep Barnet in the Football League following a recent one-game absence through injury.
"I've not really been thinking about it and with six or seven weeks of the season remaining a loan move wouldn't really interest me," McLeod told Sky Sports.
"I've said all along that I am contracted at Barnet till the end of the season and I'll be staying till then.
"That is what I've done so far and I don't plan to alter that any time soon, so it is just a case of concentrating on my football and doing all I can to help Barnet stay in the Football League."
After missing the recent game at Port Vale through injury, McLeod returned for the weekend's defeat by Morecambe and now hopes to get on the score sheet in Tuesday's game against relegation rivals Dagenham & Redbridge.
He added: "It was more precautionary than anything really because I picked up a slight groin strain in the Gillingham game and the Port Vale clash just came a little too soon.
"I played on Saturday and felt really sharp, probably should have scored, but it wasn't to be and hopefully I can grab one tonight and help create a good result."