Colchester United manager John Ward is not expecting League One rivals Bournemouth to return with an improved offer for Anthony Wordsworth.
Sky Sports revealed last week that Bournemouth had made a bid for the midfielder, but Colchester are determined to hang on to the 23-year-old.
Wordsworth has scored nine goals for the club this season and the Us are understood to be keen to agree a new contract.
Ward expects Wordsworth to eventually secure a 'good move', but outlined his desire to hang on to the player following Saturday's win at Leyton Orient.
"We turned down a bid from Bournemouth for Anthony Wordsworth and we don't expect them to come back," said Ward.
"We've told them that he's not going at the figure they offered. I spoke with the chairman about it and we both agreed that we didn't want to lose Anthony at this stage.
"I sat down with him last Friday morning and explained the whole situation to him and he's put in a great shift for the team at Leyton Orient.
"He's a professional young man and there was no sulking or throwing dummies out of the pram.
"He'll get a move somewhere at some stage because he's a good player and those kind of qualities will make sure that he does."