Doncaster Rovers have raised the funds to offer star striker Billy Sharp a new contract and talks are set to take place.
The 25-year-old appeared destined for the exit door at the Keepmoat Stadium on Saturday when big-spending Leicester agreed an undisclosed fee.
Rovers, though, have never given up on the idea of keeping Sharp, who has netted 10 goals so far this season.
Speaking on their official Twitter page, the club said: "We are going to offer a new contract to Billy Sharp, which will be the best the club have ever offered in their history drfc."
Manager Dean Saunders, also quoted on Doncaster's Twitter page, said: "We are hopeful Billy wants to stay and help us. John Ryan and Dick Watson have put money up to try to keep Billy here."
Rovers are currently in the midst of a relegation battle and lie four points adrift of safety in the Championship.
Saunders, though, is looking beyond this season and insists keeping Sharp would help ensure survival and potentially fire Doncaster into the play-off shake-up next year.
Speaking on the club's official website, the manager added: "We just feel we cannot afford to lose a player of Billy's quality without a fight.
"He's become a legend during his time at Doncaster and I want to keep him to spearhead a team aimed at pushing for the top six next season.
"Since I came here, we've taken 21 points from 18 games and, if we carry on like that, we will win the fight to stay in the Championship.
"We know there is more work to be done, but we are starting to get players fit again and we are aiming for consistency from now on.
"I just hope the fans will respond and get behind us to help the club push up the table."