Sneijder link to City rejected

Branca denies reports of possible swap deal regarding Tevez

Wesley Sneijder: Inter have rejected claims Holland international could be City-bound

Carlos Tevez: City held talks with Inter officials over Argentina striker on Thursday

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Inter Milan have rejected claims that they could be ready to allow Wesley Sneijder to join Manchester City as part of any move for Carlos Tevez.

The Serie A club confirmed that discussions were held between their sporting director Marco Branca and the City hierarchy in London on Thursday as they look to broker a deal for Tevez.

The Argentina international looks certain to leave the Etihad Stadium in the January transfer window after going AWOL in his homeland in the wake of being disciplined for his refusal to warm up during the UEFA Champions League defeat by Bayern Munich back in September.

AC Milan were thought to be leading the race for the 27-year-old former Manchester United and West Ham forward, a position confirmed on Thursday by the player's representative, Kia Joorabchian.

One sticking point to their interest is that the Blues will only sanction a permanent transfer, while Milan are keen to take the bustling striker on loan initially, with a view to completing the move in the summer.

Discussions

Inter, meanwhile, appear more willing to meet the Premier League club's demands this month, and with details of the discussions between high-ranking Inter and City officials emerging earlier this week, that led to speculation that a swap deal involving Holland international Sneijder could be on the cards.

But that has been dismissed out of hand by Inter, with Branca categorically denying that the talented playmaker could be on his way to the Etihad Stadium.

Branca told Inter's official website: "There were no discussions whatsoever regarding Wesley Sneijder today during our meeting in London with representatives of Manchester City."

The Dutch playmaker, who was said to be a target for Manchester United over the summer, recently stated that he was '90 per cent certain' he would stay at the Giuseppe Meazza this month.

Keep up to date with all the latest transfer news on Sky Sports News Radio. Listen live here or via the Sky Sports app on your phone.