Kia Joorabchian has revealed that he has had no contact with Inter Milan since the summer as he tries to finalise a deal for Carlos Tevez to join AC Milan.
Manchester City are keen to part with Tevez this month after a turbulent period for the striker and AC Milan have made it clear for some time they would like to take him to Italy.
However, the prospect of a January move has been complicated by the fact that AC Milan want to take him on loan, while City are only interested in selling.
It emerged earlier this week that Inter Milan had joined the battle to sign the 27-year-old and could be willing to make a permanent offer, but his advisor Joorabchian has indicated that a switch to AC Milan still looks more likely.
While Inter's technical director, Marco Branca, is understood to have travelled to England to meet Manchester City officials on Thursday, Joorabchian has been holding talks with AC vice-president Adriano Galliani in Rio de Janeiro.
And Joorabchian has told the Italian media that he is hoping to come to an agreement with the Rossoneri rather than Inter.
"We're here (in Rio) to finalise with Milan. We haven't heard from Inter since August," he said.
Joorabchian is also optimistic that City will agree to let Tevez link up with AC Milan following further negotiations between the clubs.
He said in gazzetta.it: "We are very confident, there were steps forward between AC Milan and City for Tevez.
"I am confident that soon they may find the agreement."