Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has warned that AWOL striker Carlos Tevez will not be sold on the cheap.
The Argentina international returned to his homeland earlier in November without the permission from the club.
Tevez has so far refused to report back for training and has been filmed playing golf in South America.
Tevez hasn't been involved in a City squad since his now infamous bust-up with Mancini in their 2-0 defeat by Bayern Munich in the UEFA Champions League in September.
The 27-year-old has claimed homesickness as a reason for wanting to leave Manchester, however Tevez has been strongly linked with a move to Italy - with both Milan clubs and Juventus potential suitors.
Mancini, though, says City won't let the striker's antics force a cheap deal.
He told Italian television station Rai Due: "Tevez is strong regardless of what has happened. And great players have a price that is rather high."
Mancini denied speculation that City are in talks to acquire Napoli forward Edinson Cavani.
Cavani is a reported target of the Blues, who face Napoli in the Champions League on Tuesday.
When asked about City's reported interest in the Uruguay international, Mancini said: "The good players are all interesting but there's nothing.
"We can't buy every player."