QPR midfielder Akos Buzsaky has denied quotes attributed to him stating he was due to undergo a knee operation this month.
The 29-year-old Hungarian was quoted as saying he was struggling with his knee and had moved forward surgery which was due to take place next summer.
Buzsaky revealed he was due to undergo the knife following the upcoming series of international matches, but he now says none of it is true.
The former Plymouth Argyle man has been quizzed by the Rs over the report and he claims his knee is fine, although he will be absent against Manchester City this weekend due to an Achilles complaint.
"No one's contacted me from the newspaper," said Buzsaky in a statement.
"It's very exasperating for me because my words were published in the English media and I got into a very unpleasant situation.
"I had to explain myself for no reason. Club officials, the coach and team-mates asked me to answer honestly about my knee injury.
"After the international games in October I had medical exams where fluid was drained from my knee, which had previously been operated on. It was a simple procedure and I missed just two training sessions. Over the course of the whole season I've missed just the two days.
"I played in the first three games and then I was on the bench. I was in the squad for every game and it demonstrates that my operated knee doesn't affect me in matches anymore.
"But this week my Achilles tendon has inflamed a bit, so I'll receive an injection in it so I won't be in the squad to play against Manchester City on Saturday."