Fulham bust-up dismissed

Kasami apologies to Jol for penalty miss at Stamford Bridge

Kasami: A reported fine after his penalty miss was said to have caused unrest

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Pajtim Kasami has described reports of a breakdown in relationships within the Fulham dressing room as 'utter rubbish'.

The 19-year-old was rumoured to have been fined £500 by boss Martin Jol for his penalty miss against Chelsea in the Carling Cup last month.

It was then alleged there was subsequent unrest within the Fulham team and last week Jol was forced to play down talk of a bust-up with Bobby Zamora.

But Switzerland Under 21 international Kasami has moved to quash such speculation and has apologised to Jol for his actions at Stamford Bridge.

"In the heat of the battle at Stamford Bridge, I felt confident that I could score when we were awarded a penalty against Chelsea," he told Fulham's official website.

Wrong decision

"I wasn't fully aware that Orlando Sa was the designated penalty taker for this game, and it was my desire to help my team and that resulted in me stepping forward.

"In hindsight, I made the wrong decision and I apologised to the manager immediately after the game, and we agreed it was a miscommunication.

"Any subsequent action taken against me is a confidential matter between me and the manager, and I am satisfied with the outcome and have no issues about it.

"As for this matter causing any unrest in the camp, these reports are utter rubbish and I am most disappointed that after such a fantastic win on Sunday, this story is making the wrong kind of headlines."

Fulham defender Brede Hangeland also expressed his disappointment at the story, as he said: "I haven't even spoken to Pajtim about this, so it's news to me that I'll be discussing his fine with the PFA."