James McCarthy has played down his availability row and reaffirmed his commitment to the Republic of Ireland.
The Wigan star failed to report for international duty after the 20-year-old was out injured.
And head coach Giovanni Trapattoni was left frustrated by McCarthy and Stoke pair Jon Walters and Marc Wilson for not heading to Dublin on more than one occasion.
The Italian was so annoyed that he left them out of his squad for last month's Euro 2012 qualifiers against Slovakia and Russia, but made a quick U-turn and drafted McCarthy back in for the second game in Moscow.
Now the midfielder is expected to be back for the Group B clashes with Andorra on Friday and Armenia next Tuesday.
He said: "It was nothing, to be honest. I think people have maybe just blown it out of proportion.
"There were maybe a couple of wee mix-ups here and there, but to be honest, it wasn't as much as people have made it out to be.
"Everything is fine. Me and the boss get on well, as everyone gets on well with him. Nothing has been said."
Glasgow-born McCarthy insists it was always Ireland for whom he wanted to play for, and that is a decision he has never regretted.
He said: "As a young boy when I got the first call-up, I have always wanted to play for Ireland since then and I am delighted to be part of the squad.
"Anything that has been said in the press maybe doubting me here or there, it's just one of those things. Maybe someone has picked something up wrongly.
"I am delighted to represent Ireland and I am delighted to be here this week hopefully trying to get two wins.
"To be honest, these things happen now and again, just people blowing things out of proportion and as a player, you just need to get your head down and keep working hard.
"At that moment in time, I was injured. My physio contacted the Irish medical staff and I think something was said and maybe someone has just blown it out of proportion, as I said."