Santon signs five-year deal

Newcastle sign Enrique replacement for undisclosed fee

Santon: The full-back has signed a five-year deal at St James' Park

Loading Market ...

Football Betting

Up To £30 Free Matched Bet

Newcastle have confirmed the signing of defender Davide Santon from Inter Milan for an undisclosed fee.

Sky Sports sources revealed earlier on Tuesday evening a deal had been agreed and the Italy full-back has now signed a five-year contract.

Alan Pardew had been keen to sign a replacement for Jose Enrique, who joined Liverpool earlier in August, and he believes the 20-year-old will prove to be a shrewd acquisition.

Pardew told Newcastle's official website: "We are delighted to bring to Davide to Newcastle.

"He is a quality left-back and an established international who also gives us flexibility in defence.

"I am really pleased to sign for Newcastle. The chance to play in the Premier League and in front of 50,000 fans at St. James' Park was too good to turn down."

Davide Santon

Quotes of the week

Ambitious

"Davide is a young lad and a great signing for us and I am sure he will adapt to the Premier League very quickly."

Santon said: "I am really pleased to sign for Newcastle. The chance to play in the Premier League and in front of 50,000 fans at St. James' Park was too good to turn down.

"This is an ambitious club who want to move forward and I want to help them achieve that."

Managing director Derek Llambias said: "The signing of Davide Santon is a real coup for this club.

"It confirms our commitment to bringing quality players whose best years are ahead of them to St. James' Park."