QPR midfielder Shaun Derry admits he is 'chuffed to bits' after putting pen to paper on a new deal to keep him at Loftus Road until summer 2013.
Skysports.com reported earlier on Tuesday that the 33-year-old, who had just entered the final year of his contract at the Premier League side, had penned a two-year extension on his deal.
Derry, who played a key role in helping Neil Warnock's side to promotion after joining from Crystal Palace last summer, says he is thrilled to be staying.
And the midfielder is looking forward to pushing on with QPR following the takeover of the club by Malaysian business tycoon Tony Fernandes earlier this month.
He told the club's official website: "I'm absolutely chuffed to bits.
"The stage the club is at with the new owners and the calibre of players we're attracting to the football club is something special and I'm just delighted to be part of it."
Derry, who began his career at Notts County back in 1995, says he is targeting a coaching role at QPR when he eventually calls time on his playing days.
He said "It's no secret that I want to get into coaching and then hopefully management when my playing career finishes.
"Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to do that at this fantastic football club."
Manager Warnock added: "Tony (Fernandes) has been so impressed with Shaun since his arrival at the club and this is just a show of faith for what he does for the club.
"He's got a few ideas about going into coaching when he finishes playing and at a club like ours, where the new owners have got so many long-term plans, there will undoubtedly be a role for him.
"He's still got a massive impact to make as a player here first and foremost and that's what I want him to focus on at the moment, but I think he can start having an input off-the-field too."