Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has confirmed that the Blues have lodged a sizeable bid for Porto full-back Alvaro Pereira.
The Uruguay international has been strongly linked with a move to Stamford Bridge over the last few weeks, as the transfer window ticks down, and Sky Sports reported on Tuesday that an approach had been made.
He is not the first Porto player reported to be on Chelsea's radar, with a number of their star men said to be in Villas-Boas' thoughts.
He left the Portuguese champions for England earlier in the summer and was expected to raid his former employers for their most prized assets.
No deals have materialised as yet, but Pereira is now firmly in Chelsea's sights.
An offer has been put to Porto for the 25-year-old, but Villas-Boas claims he is less than optimistic regarding his chances of reaching an agreement.
"The only thing I can confirm to you is that we have made a bid for him and we are very far apart in terms of numbers," said the Portuguese coach.
When asked if he was confident a deal could be done, he added: "Not very confident."