Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has refused to be drawn on reports that Samir Nasri's proposed move to Manchester City has broken down.
Reports emanating from France suggested earlier on Saturday that Nasri's expected switch to big-spending City had fallen through.
It was widely expected that the deal was imminent with both clubs thought to be in advanced talks about the transfer and Roberto Mancini expressing his desire to finalise the move.
Nasri made his first appearance of the season for Arsenal in Saturday's 2-0 defeat to Liverpool at the Emirates and Wenger revealed after the game he was in the dark about reports that the move to City had broken down.
In the dark
"I don't know more than you about that," said Wenger.
"I think he had a good game and I said before the game that he was committed to play and he did not only play but he played well.
"I always say I've tried to keep Samir Nasri. He loves the club, he wants to play for the club.
"At the moment I'm happy he's here."