Twente deny Ruiz contact
FC Twente chairman Joop Munsterman says Tottenham are yet to contact the club over Bryan Ruiz.
Last Updated: 08/08/11 5:18pm
FC Twente chairman Joop Munsterman says Tottenham are yet to contact the club over a potential move for attacking midfielder Bryan Ruiz.
Costa Rica international Ruiz revealed earlier on Monday that Spurs had confirmed their interest in signing him to his agent.
But while aware that the player is on their radar, Munsterman says the North Londoners have not yet officially approached the Eredivisie club.
"We still have heard nothing from Tottenham themselves," Munsterman told Voetbal International.
"However, we have heard from his representative that there is some interest."
If Ruiz were to depart Enschede this summer it would leave Twente with a void to fill in their midfield.
The Dutch giants are still chasing wantaway Feyenoord youngster Leroy Fer, and are set to step up their pursuit this week after seeing a bid for his services rejected earlier this summer.
"This week we will once again make contact over a deal," added Munsterman. "We want Fer and would still like (the move) to go ahead."