Leyton Orient's new signing David Mooney has explained that the club's potential was the deciding factor after turning down several offers.
The former Republic of Ireland Under-23 international opted for the League One outfit and signed a two-year deal on Saturday, making his first appearance in the goalless draw at Dagenham & Redbridge.
And the 26-year-old has told skysports.com that Os manager Russell Slade's passing brand of football made his decision to join an easy one.
"I had about five or six offers on the table, but I met up with Russell and a few other members of staff at the ground and I honestly left that day knowing that this was where I wanted to sign," he explained.
"The way they talked about the future and how they want to play the game was just music to my ears and I'm really looking forward to this season now.
"I watched them at the weekend from the sidelines before coming on for the last half an hour and all of the lads are so comfortable on the ball, from back to front, and the desire to play good passing football was a joy to watch.
"If we can do that this year and hopefully we can emulate what Brighton did last year because they played a similar way."
Having missed three weeks' worth of pre-season training and friendlies the former Reading striker is short of match fitness, but with just 11 days until the opening game of the season Mooney is confident of making up for lost time.
"I must admit that I did feel it in my legs the day after I played half an hour on Saturday, but there are still a few games to go before the season starts for me to catch up," he said.
"If I can start increasing my game-time over the next week and then have a full week of training I should be almost there for the season opener.
"I'm obviously playing catch up on the rest of the lads, but adrenaline is getting me through it at the moment and hopefully I'll be OK for Walsall."